Thai Inspired Whole Roasted Sea Bass stuffed with Spring Vegetables
Per person. Minimum 2 people
Sign up for our monthly membership to get £5 off this meal! Get the first 6 months free when you join the club before the end of the month.
Whole deboned sea bass stuffed with spring vegetables in a chilli vinaigrette, cooked in banana leaf and finished with coconut broth. Served with coconut rice and rice crackers.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Oven time: 25 minutes
Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This kit includes:
- Sea bass
- Spring vegetables
- White miso
- Chilli dressing
- Coconut cream
- Jasmine rice
- Banana leaf
- Crispy garlic, shallots, cashews
- Coconut broth
- Rice crackers
Our Sustainable Mediterranean sea bass comes courtesy of Ben Wright, one half of the Wright Brothers.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix the SPRING VEGETABLES with the CHILLI DRESSING, rip half of the herbs and toss them in, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Pop on your eco gloves. Lay the SEA BASS on the BANANA LEAF facing the direction of the lines of the leaf. Rub the inside of the fish with the WHITE MISO. Stuff the fish with the dressed SPRING VEGETABLES (saving any left overs to eat on the side), and roll up the banana leaf and secure with the butcher bands included.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Wash the JASMINE RICE until the water is clear and pop into a pan with mug of cold water. Add a pinch of salt, bring to the boil and then simmer with the lid on until the water has evaporated (about 15 minutes). When the rice is ready, fluff up with a fork and then mix in the COCONUT CREAM and top with toasted COCONUT CHIPS.
5. As the fish nears the end of its cooking time, bring the COCONUT BROTH to the boil. Take the fish out of the oven and cut through the banana leaf and butcher’s bands to expose the beautiful fish, then butterfly. Pour the broth over the inside of the fish and top with CRISPY GARLIC, SHALLOTS AND CASHEWS. Give a good squeeze of lime and top with ripped pieces of the remaining herbs.
6. Enjoy with rice crackers on the side.
Celery, fish, sulphites, gluten (wheat), soya.
We have taken care to list the major allergens found in our dishes. Please be aware that all of our dishes are prepared in a kitchen that handles celery, fish, eggs, milk, sulphites, gluten, soya, peanuts, nuts, sesame, and mustards. Our pastas are prepared in a kitchen that also handles crustaceans. There is a therefore a risk of trace allergens and cross contamination.
We deliver all orders on Wednesdays and Fridays. You can choose which day is best for you before checking out.
Orders to addresses with a London postcode are delivered using a green fleet of eco-friendly vehicles, to ensure that all last mile deliveries are emission-free. Orders to the rest of the country are delivered by DHL, who have committed to ensuring that at least 70% of their fleet will be emission-free by 2025.
We can't specify exactly what time of day your delivery will arrive, but all deliveries are made between 9am and 6pm, to ensure you've got plenty of time to cook your supper. You'll receive notifications from our couriers by text and/or email when your order is out for delivery, so make sure you leave your phone number and a valid email address when you check out.
As your delivery will contain perishable food items, we won't be able to redeliver on the following day, so please make sure you tell us where our driver can leave your parcel if there's no one home.
Join the My Supper Hero Members' Club to receive discounted prices plus a load of other great benefits. You'll be able to access exclusive meals, buy products from our Members' Only General Store and access our Meal Planner.
For a limited time only, membership is COMPLETELY FREE for the first 6 months. Thereafter you'll pay just £5 per month. Click here for more details.