Stilton & Caramelised Red Onion Beef Pie
Per person. Minimum 2 people
Sign up for our monthly membership to get £5 off this meal! Get the first 6 months free when you join the club before the end of the month.
A rich port and red wine British beef pie with sweet caramelised red onions and Stilton. Served with creamy mash potatoes and yeast butter, grated heritage carrots and a Dijon mustard vinaigrette.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Oven time: 40 minutes
Can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This kit includes:
- British beef and red wine pie filling
- Puff Pastry
- Egg wash
- Grated heritage carrots
- Dijon Mustard vinaigrette
- Creamed Koffmann mash potatoes
- Yeasted butter
- Caramelised red onions
We use rare breed, free range and grass fed British beef. The mash is made using potatoes grown by Michelin starred chef Pierre Koffmann.
1. Pour the room temperature pie filling into an oven proof pie or casserole dish. Heat up the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Scatter over the caramelised onions and crumble over the Stilton.
3. Roll out the pastry on a flour dusted surface and cut a shape about an inch wider on all sides than your pie dish.
4. Brush a little egg wash around the rim of the pie dish, and carefully lay the pastry over the rim. Gently pinch down the sides of the pastry to the rim to make a seal.
5. Brush the top of the pastry with the egg wash. Take a fork and gently score the pastry in right to left diagonals, and then repeat with left to right diagonals so that you end up with a criss cross. Sprinkle with salt and pop in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
6. Heat up up the creamed mash in a pan on the stove with a dash of milk, and when piping hot, stir in the the yeast butter.
7. Toss the raw hertitage carrots with the vinaigrette and you're good to go!
Celery, eggs, milk, sulphites, gluten (wheat), mustards.
We have taken care to list the major allergens found in our dishes. Please be aware that all of our dishes are prepared in a kitchen that handles celery, fish, eggs, milk, sulphites, gluten, soya, peanuts, nuts, sesame, and mustards. Our pastas are prepared in a kitchen that also handles crustaceans. There is a therefore a risk of trace allergens and cross contamination.
We deliver all orders on Wednesdays and Fridays. You can choose which day is best for you before checking out.
Orders to addresses with a London postcode are delivered using a green fleet of eco-friendly vehicles, to ensure that all last mile deliveries are emission-free. Orders to the rest of the country are delivered by DHL, who have committed to ensuring that at least 70% of their fleet will be emission-free by 2025.
We can't specify exactly what time of day your delivery will arrive, but all deliveries are made between 9am and 6pm, to ensure you've got plenty of time to cook your supper. You'll receive notifications from our couriers by text and/or email when your order is out for delivery, so make sure you leave your phone number and a valid email address when you check out.
As your delivery will contain perishable food items, we won't be able to redeliver on the following day, so please make sure you tell us where our driver can leave your parcel if there's no one home.
Join the My Supper Hero Members' Club to receive discounted prices plus a load of other great benefits. You'll be able to access exclusive meals, buy products from our Members' Only General Store and access our Meal Planner.
For a limited time only, membership is COMPLETELY FREE for the first 6 months. Thereafter you'll pay just £5 per month. Click here for more details.